25 Sept 2013

T-90 Russian Main Battle Tank.

I decided to separate the work on the model and the finished diorama. 
Behold rushing at full speed T-90! 









The most difficult was to show the dust. Naturally authenticity with a real dust could not be achieved, hence should follow the artistic point of view. I twisted and combed cotton looking at the pictures and cartoons. 

Clouds of dust just hung in the air, and the light came through them, that you can see the stern of the tank. All good! But unfortunately cotton has white colour and it should be painted in dust colour. The first idea was about  the airbrush. Quite logical decision. 
As I pushed the valve all my efforts scattered on the table. Major mistake! Decided to paint each piece of cotton separately. After drying the cotton has become flat and stuck together. Disaster! 
What method I haven't used?... Pigments! Of Course. I grated  the crayon. And put powder on cotton. Looks good! 
Have fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment